Interesting link to this article in Salon–Rick Santorum wants to make all contraceptives illegal, even for married couples. How did he get so far in the Republican party? and does the GOP want to be taken seriously by women? The political process is one of the most effective ways anywhere of getting your thoughts heard–at that level it is certainly more effective than writing, starting a magazine, or having a cable TV show. By the time a candidate reaches that level in the political process he (or, very occasionally, she) is able to leverage the total power of the media. It gives a kind of credibility to the thoughts and opinions of people participating in the political process. We in the media and we as citizens need to hold them accountable for that. http://www.salon.com/2012/01/04/rick_santorum_is_coming_for_your_birth_control/
Are They Coming for Your Birth Control?
- Standing Together: 20 Years of Exceptional Women
- Janice Min to Receive the 2017 Exceptional Woman in Publishing Award
- Letter from a (Different) President
- Honoring our 2016 Exceptional Women with plenty of MoJo
- SIGN UP NOW: 2016 Wine Reception & Awards Ceremony – Sept. 27, 2016 in SF
- Turn Up the Volume: A Conversation with Jeanne Bourgault and Amie Williams